Mission StatementTo introduce people of all ages to Jesus Christ as Savior and to disciple and encourage believers in their Christian Walk.
- We believe the Scriptures, Old & New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of God to man.
- We believe in one God, the Creator of all things, perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins. He arose from the dead, ascended into heaven where He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify Christ and, during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, and to indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that Christ's blood, shed on the cross, provides the only grounds for justification and salvation, not automatically to all, but only for those who believe.
- We believe all who have received His salvation are automatically made members of the body of Christ, the one true, universal church.
- We believe that Baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during this age.
- We believe in the personal and imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord and the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
Our HistoryPioneer Bible Camp traces its genesis to the early 1960s, when John and Sue Lovegrove began hosting camp at a borrowed sheep corral in the mountains of Howe, ID. In 1965, the Lovegroves began renting a facility near Palisades, ID and accepted the official position of Director of Palisades Bible Camp, a position in which they served through 1975. The number of campers, however, quickly outpaced the Palisades facilities. So, in 1973, camp leadership divided the region into northern and southern districts. Palisades Bible Camp moved northward near Blackfoot, ID and Pioneer Bible Camp was formed under the directorship of Dwight Hagee to serve the southern sector. Two years later, under new director John Romanosky, Pioneer Bible Camp moved to a rental facility in the upper Ogden Valley of Utah. John continued as director until 1988 when leadership passed to Steve and Rhonda Ransom. In 1988, Steve and Rhonda Ransom became the directors of PBC. In 1990, the camp was able to purchase its own property and today is located on 65 acres of land in the Wasatch Mts. PBC has gone from rugged tent-camping to 7 fully plumbed and wired buildings, 14 cabins, 9 weeks of summer camp, plus retreats, family camps and rallies in the extended season.
Directors Steve & Rhonda Ransomgraduated from Grand Rapids School of the Bible and Music in Grand Rapids, MI (1976 & 1977), where they majored in Christian Education. They both have always sensed God's calling on their lives to work with young people. After graduation, they married and moved to Utah where they became actively involved in many youth ministries in their chuch, including: youth group, awana, sunday school teachers, VBS, etc. It was during this time they started getting interested in Pioneer Bible Camp (then a 2-week summer camp on rented facilities). Since both Steve and Rhonda grew up attending and serving in camps, they were able to recognize the impact and potential of this ministry in the lives of youth. Sensing God's direction, they became the Directors of Pioneer Bible Camp in 1988. Today, they continue to serve the Lord as the Directors of PBC (now a 9-week summer camp on 65 acres of land) and have watched God change the hearts and lives of thousands of teens and children. Steve & Rhonda raised three children who were always involved in camp ministry. Today, Rachel, their oldest is married and raising 5 beautiful children. She and her husband are very active in their home church. Their son, Jeremy, is married and raising 4 beautiful children, they too are very involved in their local church. Their youngest son, Jeff, is married, has two beautiful little girls, and is working in Brigham City and active in their home church. All would agree that camp had a powerful influence on their lives.
Contact the DirectorsSteve Ransom: Rhonda Ransom: Home: (801) 745-4726
Assistants to the Directors Joe & Anna Bakergraduated from Bob Jones University in 2013, where Joe received a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Anna in Early Childhood Education. After graduating, they served a 9 month internship at The Wilds Christian Camp and Conference Center in Brevard, NC, after which they were married, and moved to Utah where they began ministering at Pioneer Bible Camp. From 2014-2015, Joe and Anna, in conjunction with PBC, determined that God would have them join the camp's full-time staff. They're currently members of Fellowship Bible Church where they lead the choir and assist in the Children's Ministry. Joe and Anna made professions of faith at an early age and gave themselves to Christian service while in High School. They earnestly desire to edify Utah churches and equip local believers through the camping ministry of Pioneer Bible Camp.
Contact the Assistant DirectorsJoe Baker: Anna Baker:
Board of Directors:Steve Barsuhn, Ken Hornok, (Steve Ransom), Tommy Jeffcott, Skip Matthias, Tim Ludlum, (Joe Baker)